James VanOsdol-the update
So…what’s new with you?
Here’s a quick summary of what I’ve had going on and been working on since Thursday:
1) Q101. I was cut loose on Friday.
2) WTMX. As of next weekend, I’ll be doing some weekend shifts there. The Mix was very quick, very gracious, and very awesome to add me to their part-time line-up. From the Chicago Sun-Times this morning:
“Forced out last week were Todd Fooks, who used the name “Fook” as afternoon host, and James VanOsdol, veteran overnight host and one of the city’s most respected rock jocks.
How respected? As soon as word spread about his firing, Van Osdol was grabbed by Bonneville International to host 7 p.m. to midnight Saturdays on hot adult-contemporary WTMX-FM (101.9). He’ll also do fill-in work.”
Thanks to Robert Feder for the kind words.
3) “Chicago Rocked.” Still coming out in August. I’m working on a “book release concert.” Seriously. Visit my publisher at:
4) STUN! My little vanity comics podcast moves forward this week with Cecil Castellucci, author of “The Plain Janes.” You can listen and download at:
Coming not-too-long after that, like later in the week, is the return of Tony Akins (”Jack of Fables”).
You can add STUN! as a Myspace friend, too:
5) Correspondence. Needless to say, there’s nothing glamorous about getting fired. I got lots of messages and calls since Friday which were incredibly kind and most appreciated. Thank you.
6) Lunches. To everyone who’s asked me over the past year and a half, “Hey, when are we doing lunch?” Well, I’m free now. And I’m awake during the day, which should make it easier.
7) Heard of any great M-F job openings?
Thanks for reading,